Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday... Pie Day!

Are you addicted to pie? I'm not sorry to say that I AM!

It all started last fall, when my husband and I read the adorable novel, Pie, by Sarah Weeks, aloud one weekend (including the recipes). After about an hour, both of us had a strong craving for a big, fat piece of pie. Try reading that book and NOT wanting to dig into a slice of berry pie topped with a huge scoop of ice cream. Seriously, I dare you.

So, now almost every weekend, my husband picks up a pie from a local bakery and we have "Friday... Pie Day!" Don't think we're total losers who never go out, though. We do have friends and like to have fun, but it's soooo nice to relax after a long work week with a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie.

Try it! Oh yeah, and read the book while you're at it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment